Peaches and cream cake. I feel like I should just stop right there because it kind of speaks for itself.
I love fresh fruit. It’s wonderful all by itself and does not need to be tampered with. That’s why I rarely cook my fruit. The fresh peach layers on this cake are easily the best parts. Not to say the other layers aren’t good. But can anything really beat a fresh juicy peach?
My inspiration for this cake came from the fresh peach pie (link here)that my mom always made growing up. As I’ve mentioned before, it’s one of my all time favorite desserts. Since I’ve started this blog I’ve fallen even deeper in love with all things cake. I’m always looking for new ideas and flavors so when peach season rolled around this cake was a little bit of a no-brainer.
If you want to make this cake but don’t want to fuss with the three tiers and the frosting mess this is what I would do:
- Make a white cake from a box in a 9X13 pan
- Top with cream filling and peaches
- Skip the frosting altogether
OR if you want to make this cake into adorable cupcakes:
- Either make 24 cupcakes with a white cake mix or use the recipe below to make 36
- When the cupcakes are cooled fill them with the cream filling
- Pipe the cupcakes with the peach cream cheese frosting.
- Place a few thin slices of peach on top of the cupcake OR fold chunks of peaches into the frosting.
Great. Now I’m going to have to try both of those things. The cupcakes sound cute right? My family is going to be eating A LOT of peaches and cream the next few weeks.
In case you haven’t gotten a clear idea of what this cake is all about, let me try to paint you a little picture. Soft buttery white cake, smooth cream filling, fresh peaches, topped with peach cream cheese frosting. What I’m trying to say is: stop reading this and go make a fresh peaches and cream cake
Tools Used In This Recipe: